The resource for answers to the most frequently asked questions about Federal Flammability standards
Designing and testing qualified mattress prototypes, managing the component supply chain, implementing a quality assurance process, keeping the required detailed records, and instituting appropriate manufacturing controls are necessary and challenging in order to comply with the flammability standard.
ISPA and the Sleep Products Safety Council have developed the State and Federal Mattress Flammability Requirements Resource Toolkit to provide information that mattress manufacturers can use to meet the federal standards. This resource contains:
- Relevant background information and standard definitions
- Important compliance considerations
- A comprehensive list of products covered by the standard
- Examples of critical recording keeping forms
- Helpful suggestions for working with fire test labs
- Useful machinery tips
- Detailed answers to commons questions
ISPA Members & SPSC Hangtag Buyers: FREE ($450 value)
Download your copy of the Flammability Toolkit.
Note: Issues downloading PDF file? Simply right click on the link and select “Save Link As”
Printed Binders are available for a fee:
ISPA Members: $125
Please print and complete the Flammability Toolkit Order Form and fax to 703-683-4503.